Wednesday, January 12, 2011

What Happens In Vegas...


I have been reading the local news on the internet. I don't watch it at night because I can't sleep when I do. I can't watch Hoarders right before bed either. Scary stuff.

So this is what is happening in our small town...

The CES show. Lots of drunk people, stay away from the strip.

Near drowning of a 3 year old. This is why I can't sleep.

Marijuana controversy. Although it is medical marijuana is legal here, they are closing down dispensaries right and left. You can legally grow it...you just can't buy it.






Is it just me or does this make you giggle? In Nevada? HAHAHAHA!!!

You can have a prostitute, and a myriad of other things that go on here and you can't legally buy weed but you can smoke it? I don't get it. Does this mean the little old lady with cancer that buys from a dispensary is going to get arrested?

We also have some of the toughest adoption laws in the country yet a sexual predator that has worked in day care for years was just caught. Ummm...back ground checks?

You know, this was a safer and cleaner town when the mob was running it. Just ask Charlie Sheen.

13 comments:

Melinda said...

Hahaha Queen I love you so much! I don't watch the news at ALL! It is either RIDICULOUSLY depressing or its political bull s#*t--I hate it all. It only sucks when something huge happens and everyone all over the country knows and I have no clue (chilean miners...shootings in Nevada...etc.), then my husband mentions something and I"m all HUH?

Barbaloot said...

I'd extol the virtues of Happy Valley, but we've got our own dark secrets, too:)

Kristina P. said...

Gotta love the dispensaries. Unfortunately, many people don't have a valid prescription that use them.

Also, they are against Federal Law, even if it's legal by the state. Working with drug using kids, I have lots of pro-legalization conversations with them. And then I tell them they are dumb. I am awesome.

Unknown said...

I never watch the news and I never miss Hoarders.
Thats just how I roll.

Sandra said...

Drunks, prostitutes, marijuana and the mob, all in one post. Nice to have you back!

Missy said...

Sounds like WhiteTrashVille...

val of the south said...

Gotta love Vegas!! I don't watch the news...I'd rather not know :)

Debbie said...

Raising 4 kids, this whole "maybe marijuana is legal" thing drives me nuts! I want my kids to stay off all drugs and this wishy-washy attitude of some places isn't helping me a bit.

Jason & Claire said...

Sweeeeet post. Sounds like home to me.;)

Angela Marie said...

Cari I adore you. I hope you know that. I stumbled upon your blog tonight, and I am so glad I did!

Anonymous said...

sell jUMnChnT [URL=http://www.cheapguccireplica.tumblr.com/]gucci outlet[/URL] suprisely vwCmwEGe [URL=http://www.cheapguccireplica.tumblr.com/ ] http://www.cheapguccireplica.tumblr.com/ [/URL]

Anonymous said...

finasteride medication propecia cost boots - propecia side effects today show

Jose Alexander said...

Thank you blog admin for this wonderful post,As a sign of gratitude for how my wife was saved from PCOS & Gastro Disorder and herpes, I decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
My wife suffered pcos in the year 2013 and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because she was my everything and the symptoms were terrible, she always complained of heavy menstruation, and she always had difficulty falling asleep . We tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure her. I searched for a cure and I saw a testimony by someone who was cured and so many others with similar body problems, and they left the contact of this doctor who has the cure to pcos . I never imagined polycystic ovary syndrome. has a natural cure not until i contacted him and he assured me my wife will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my wife used it and in one months time she was fully okay even up till this moment she is so full of life. polycystic ovary syndrome. has a cure and he has herbal cure for Herpes,HIV/Aids,Diabetes,Neuro Disease,Cancer,Back Pain,COPD,Parkinson, and other disease you can visit Dr Itua herbal center website to read more www.drituaherbalcenter.com or email drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com on how to get the medication. Thanks admin for such an informative blog.