Friday, May 15, 2009

All Hail the Writers!

I have noticed a reoccurring theme the last couple of weeks on several posts that I have been stalking...mainly about how bloggers love to write! Some majored in journalism, some do it for a hobby, others do it as journal entries...and then there is me.



I was trying to figure out why I do this. Yeah, yeah, yeah...kind of a journal entry I guess, I did want to share photos with friends and relatives far way. (not you Crash...unless you have been in prison...you will just have to stay on the friends side and stay off the deadbeat fence!) Well, I have found that I am really not very funny, not like K.P. or quirky like Crash or hot like Shelle...and I could go on and on. However, I did realize that I do do an awful lot of b---hing, complaining, moaning, whining, and just plain venting. Am I a downer? Am I as depressing and pathetic as I seem? I have no talent at this writing thing...but I do enjoy it, and I love to read all of your stuff!

Do I really have to find a lost puppy? Can I trade in one of my kids for a puppy? I don't even get a good vacay! Our vaycays consist of BYU football games (go cougars!) but seriously...how sad is that? Don't make me start being all spiritual and faking like I could do a post like that!

Well...I guess I will continue to write about Homer and McFly...and no she has no clue where her nick name comes from, she is way too blonde to figure that out! Oh, by the way Inmate #666 wasn't even offended about his nickname, he was ticked about his lousy photo! He thought maybe some hot blogger would want to look him up and he didn't like his smile...oh...the naive-ness of non-bloggers! I told him that was the least of his worries!

So guys, keep making me laugh, keep humoring me and fake like ya'll like me!! And I will try and get a picture of Scary Shorts Guy, who walks his dogs up my street everyday! THAT will make you laugh...

13 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I love your writing, and I love your blog. You ARE funny! Keep on blogging.

Homer and Queen said...

Love you KP~!

Jen said...

You have to get a pic of that, its that funny. But I will say your life if not that pathetic, you have wheelchair boy number one, could life get any better...2 grand babies that love their grammy, you have a marriage most women would die for plus you have me. Im thinking your doing pretty good.

xoxoxoxo

Princess Danell said...

As long as I am entertain, and I am, you keep on blogging. Love it all!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

K... thanks for the flattery! But I LOVE how you write. I laugh everytime I come read you... and even when I don't laugh... I get you!

Plus... your comments are always the BEST and if you are going to give a 100% effort at anything.. it should be your comments! :)

Seriously thanks for writing I'm hot on your blog... I need your address to pay you and hold up my end of the bargain!

tiki_lady said...

I love your blog! You say everything I think but WIMP out, well I don't wimp out in real life. People get my humor and if they don't I flip them off, but in cyber land its hard to do the same.
You are the farthest from being a downer. You make me laugh and give me hope!

H.K. said...

I haven't visited your blog often, but you are a good writer! When I do visit, I love reading what you write! You're writing is funny, honest and real!

H.K. said...

p.s. thanks for not having word verification! One less thing to do when your commenting!

Jason & Claire said...

Actually, I think you are one of the funniest blogs I read. I don't know how you could think you're not that funny.

And, to answer your question, no my life is not always that happy. I have a friend that lectures me on being positive every time I post a depressed post;) Trust me...there are plenty of days you wouldn't want to read what I write on my journal blog.

Missy said...

Your post are great! There is nothing at all pathetic or boring about your life! I love reading about your family antics! I think your writing is great!

I am LoW said...

I feel the same way- SOOOOO NOT a writer!!! But I love to tell stories. So the writing is probably WAY off, and I think I 'tell' a story better than writing it but what am I gonna do? Tape myself telling the stories and put it on youtube so everyone can leave nasty f word comments? Not hardly.

So I blog. And I'll never be what other bloggers are, but at least I have my space to tell my stories, eh? :)

Anonymous said...

Surely you jest, you are awesome. You are a writer, you are funny and you have a responsibilty to make my freakin' day!

Sandra said...

I think you are very funny and it feels natural. I enjoy k'vetshing & am world class at it, so I really like reading someone who is actually funny about it.

I don't know for sure why I do this. I will think about it and maybe turn it into a topic.